Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Songs I'm Embarrassed to Love

I can't help it. I suffer from an occasional lack of music morals. I know I should not like certain songs--songs that are puerile or undisciplined or overly pop-ish. Certain country songs usually only listened to in trailer parks, such as the BrokenWinds Trailer Park my kids made up on the way to Oklahoma City the other day. (They even created profiles for the residents of BrokenWinds Trailer Park, the most interesting being Sunflower Husklicker, who would probably love the song list I'm about to share.)

Anyway, I may as well get on with it and share some of my most beloved crappy music. I apologize in advance.

I love Dolly Parton. And I loved her duo with Kenny Rogers when I was a little girl, and I still love it to this day. So what?


This song makes me happy every time I hear it. The last ten seconds are bliss.



Merle and Tammy. I could listen to them all day long.


I feel like snorting pixie sticks when I hear this song. I love it.



This is the trashiest most embarrassing song of all my favorite embarrassing songs. When it comes on during kick-boxing class, I almost break into Britney's dance routine. I have a Catholic Schoolgirl outfit. That alone says it all, doesn't it?

For some reason, I cannot embed the video. You'll have to click the link. But for God's sake, don't do it at work lest your co-workers think you like the song.

Baby One More Time

One more. A little Waylon. I think he was so freaking hot. Mmmm...mmmm.



Sorry.

Kimberly Ann

3 comments:

  1. Nice. That's some good stuff, there. I'm glad to see some Merle. My parents loved Kenny Rogers when I was growing up, so I have a soft spot for the gambler in all his incarnations. Most of my embarrassing songs would include Phil Collins and George Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay to have your guilty pleasures. Mine include some stuff from Kid Rock, EVerclear, Lit, etc. I won't apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I wasn't the only person to like crappy music!

    ReplyDelete